Yes, It is our company policy to present samples so that you can make sure it meets your requirements and avoid any mistakes. We do not make a margin from samples. The cost may vary depends on the product. If there is a quality issue or mistake, we will re-make at no cost to you. However, if you want to change anything on the product that may attract a second sample charge.
For samples requests, please Contact Us and advise us of your preferred products.
What's the turn around time?
Our manufactures based overseas, we will organize shipment ASAP.
- For lightweight products, such as ribbons, labels, etc. we will use air freight and the turn around time is 2-3 weeks.
- For heavy products and bulk orders, we will choose transport by sea, the turn around time is 8-12 weeks from confirmed order or deposit receipted to deliver to you.
What's the minimum order quantity?
MOQ varies on different products.
- For stock items
For plain ribbon, plain bags, plain boxes, we don’t have MOQ, however, please note the minimum order of A$150(ex GST).
For food packaging products, the minimum order is two cartons, the minimum order amount still apply.
- For custom-made items
For custom paper bags, custom paper boxes, labels, we would suggest order over 1,000 pcs to get a reasonable price.
For printed ribbon, we would suggest order over 1,000 yards to get a competitive price.
I can't find a particular product, what should I do?
You can try to search by its name in the searching bar above, if a product you are looking for is not available on our website, please Contact Us we will recommend a suitable alternative. If you are looking for a custom-made product, please also contact us to get a quote.
I have a quality concern /complain about a product, how should I resolve this?
We operate to a strict standard of quality control in all of our manufacturing facilities. We are currently operating at a 99.9% defect-free rate, and we’ll always work to resolve any quality issue as soon as possible. That’s why we engage clients to have a sample before bulk order.
Why don't printed colours 100% match what I see on the monitor?
We cannot guarantee 100% the same of your artwork, but we will let the colour difference blow 5%. There are some aspects affected the printed colour.
- All viewing devices are different, so what you are seeing on your screen may not even be the “correct” hue.
- The colour and composition also affect printed colour. Yes, even white colour paper will affect the final results. Papers have different chemical compositions, additives, textures, finishes, etc., all of which react differently with inks and toners of digital and conventional presses.
- Most importantly, the way colour is created/embedded in your file will have a large bearing on how the final product prints as well – Pantone, CMYK, RGB, hex, spot, process – they make a difference in what you see on screen vs. what you see in print. Generally, the colour you see on screen is RGB, however, we require CMYK artwork. Therefore the final product may vary from what you see on screen.